This is my absolute favourite recipe at the moment – it’s creamy, full of flavour and really filling. Cashews are a god send for vegans and can create anything from salad dressing to cheesecake and in this case they are the key ingredient for this delicious pasta sauce.
- 1 punnet of mushrooms or as many as you like
- 1 bunch of asparagus (I used the extra fine ones from M&S)
- 300g dried spaghetti (drum wheat)
- chopped parsley to garnish
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups of unsweetened almond milk (add until you reach your desired consistency)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
Chop the mushrooms and asparagus and stir fry at the same time as cooking the spaghetti. While the veg and spaghetti is cooking throw all of the sauce ingredients apart from the almond milk into a food processor and process until a paste is formed. Slowly add the almond milk until the sauce is smooth and thick but you are still able to pour it easily over the veg. Heat the sauce up for a couple of minutes with the veg (add a little pasta water to loosen the sauce if need be). Drain the spaghetti and mix everything together. Sprinkle parsley over to garnish.